Secretary Solomon Graves
Solomon Graves, Secretary of the Arkansas Department of Corrections, has 14 years of professional corrections experience.
Secretary Graves began his public service career in 2006 at the Division of Community Correction. In 2007, he accepted a role at the Arkansas Parole Board where he served until 2016 in various roles, including five years as Parole Board Administrator.
In March 2016, Mr. Graves was named Public Information Officer for the Division of Correction. In July 2019, then-Secretary Wendy Kelley selected Mr. Graves to be her Chief of Staff. He served in that role for one year before Ms. Kelley announced her plans to retire.
Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson announced Secretary Graves’ appointment as Secretary on July 23, 2020, the Arkansas Board of Corrections confirmed him the following week. Mr. Graves began serving as Secretary of the Arkansas Department of Corrections on August 1, 2020. Secretary Graves served on Gov. Hutchinson’s Transformation Advisory Board from 2017 to 2019 and was appointed to the Transformation Transition Team in 2019.
Secretary Graves earned a bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and a master’s degree in public administration from Webster University.
The Office of the Secretary
Lindsay Wallace, Chief of Staff
Christine Cryer, Chief Legal Counsel
(870) 267-6371 (Pine Bluff)
(501) 682-5071 (North Little Rock)
Tammy Williams, Chief Fiscal Officer
Cindy Murphy, Communications Director
(870) 267-6205 (Pine Bluff)
(501) 683-0496 (North Little Rock)
Tabrina M. Bratton, PhD-C, Quality Improvement and Program Evaluation Administrator
Raymond Naylor, Internal Affairs Administrator
The Arkansas Department of Corrections is comprised of over 6,000 dedicated employees within the following:
- The Division of Correction (formerly the Arkansas Department of Correction);
- The Division of Community Correction (formerly Arkansas Department of Community Correction);
- The Corrections School System (Arkansas Correctional School District and Riverside Vocational Technical School);
- The Office of the Criminal Detention Facility Review Coordinator; along with the
- Administrative functions of the Criminal Detention Facility Review Committees;
- Administrative functions of the Parole Board;
- Administrative functions of the Sentencing Commission; and
- Administrative functions of the State Council for the Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision.