Location: Varner and East Arkansas Regional Units
Awards Offered: NCCER Core, NCCER Craft – HVAC Level I, ACSD Completion Certificate HVAC and EPA 6078 Certification
Entrance Requirements: Able to perform the basic job skills, completed initial assignment and must be at least a class II with no pending DRs.
Program Description: This is an entry level program that prepares participants to install, maintain, and repair heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
- Workplace Human Relations – 35 hours
- Learn about searching for a job, preparing for an interview, effective communication, teamwork, workplace safety and more.
- Financial Literacy – 15 hours
- Learn about creating a budget, banking services and the basics of borrowing money.
- NCCER Core: Introduction to Basic Construction Skills – 77.5 hours
- Learn about basic workplace safety, math used in construction, how to use basic hand and power tools. drawings used in construction, basic communication skills, basic employability skills, and when it is needed to use PPE.
- Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning – 152.5 hours
- Learn about commercial and residential refrigeration systems, service basics, A/C and heating systems. installation of systems and design.
- NCCER Craft: HVAC Level 1 – 120 hours
- Learn about trade mathematics, basic electricity, heating and cooling systems, soldering and more.
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Practicum – 200 hours