Positions are available at the following units; Wrightsville Unit School, Tucker Unit School and East Arkansas Regional Unit School
A. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Directly responsible to the Superintendent of Schools.
2. Works in close harmony with unit personnel.
3. Plans and directs learning activities of inmate students in the non‑graded curriculum.
4. Administers school attendance, maintains proper records, and files necessary school district reports.
5. Coordinates development of course of study outlines and lesson plans for instructional purposes.
6. Recommends various teaching materials and media.
7. Assists in selection of necessary textbooks and related materials.
8. Assists in developing budgets and requests supplies, materials, and instructional aids.
9. Assists in maintaining and gathering various statistical information.
10. Recommends student placement and advancement.
11. Perform various and other job related duties as required.
12. The Principal is the teachers’ immediate supervisor and is responsible for teacher evaluation.
As evaluators, principals must be trained and certified to meet requirements set forth by the Arkansas Department of Education. Novice Principals will be trained and certified as evaluators by the end of their first semester of employment.
13. Assists teachers in developing professional growth plans as required by the Teacher Excellence and Support System.
The individual holding this position shall be licensed by the State Department of Education.
Arkansas Correctional School
8000 Corrections Circle
Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71603