Assistant/Deputy Superintendent of Schools
The Assistant/Deputy Superintendent of Schools shall be directly responsible to the Superintendent of the Arkansas Correctional School. He/she shall work with the Superintendent to provide supervision for the educational programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in coordinating and supervising the total educational program.
- Prepares drafts of needed Board policies, administrative rules, and status reports for the superintendent’s review and action.
- Communicates to the Superintendent the requirements and needs of the district as perceived by staff members.
- Remains abreast of developments and innovations in the field by reading current literature, attending professional meetings and conferences, and discussions with others in the field.
- Conducts research on correctional education and related fields.
- Assists in planning appropriate professional development activities for the district.
- Works with ADC staff to maintain coordination with correctional and educational staff.
- The Assistant/deputy Superintendent must be trained and certified to meet evaluator requirements set forth by the Arkansas Department of Education. Novice Assistant/Deputy Superintendents will be trained and certified as evaluators by the end of the first semester of employment.
- Supervises the vocational/career tech programs.
- Performs various and other job duties as required.
The individual holding this position shall be licensed by the State Department of Education. Some additional experience is required
Open until filled.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Finance
Arkansas Correctional School
8000 Correction Circle
Pine Bluff, AR 71603
Office: (870) 267-6725
Download – Employment Application