Arkansas Correctional School District is seeking teachers to fill positions at several locations in Northeast, East, and Central Arkansas. The selected individuals will teach either adult foundational skills or GED preparation classes. A teaching license is required.
A teacher employed by the Arkansas Correctional School District shall be directly responsible to the Principal/head teacher. The teacher is accountable for certain functions, procedures and activities of the school including:
- Planning and directing learning activities of inmate students in the classroom.
- Working in close harmony with the unit Principal/head teacher and following the proper chain of command.
- Keeping accurate records.
- Assisting in the selection of text books and related materials.
- Recommending students for advancement.
- Assisting in the movement of students to and from the school.
- Performing various other job related duties.
To apply, please submit your resume and completed application to:
Arkansas Correctional School District
Attn: Tracy Dowell
8000 Correctios Circle
Pine Bluff, AR 71603