Division of Community Correction

Placing our priority on public safety while providing opportunities for positive change

Transitional Housing and Reentry Information


Good GridCommunity Support and Services
Legal AidMental Health Treatment
Get Your IDSubstance Abuse Treatment
Child Support InformationVolunteer/Mentoring
EmploymentTransitional Housing Services
HealthcareReentry Facility Information



The Good Grid connects members of our community, such as employers, jobseekers, volunteers, and service providers, for the purpose of successful reentry of offenders into society. The Good Grid allows you to:

  • Identify organizations near you that provide services including shelter, substance abuse, counseling, and employment training.
  • Register your organization for more exposure to beneficiaries and to connect with volunteers.
  • View volunteer opportunities near you so that you can make an impact on the causes that you deem most important.
  • Register for the Good Grid.

The Good Grid Quick Start Guide provides instructions on registration, log-in, page creation, and an overview of features such as adding a company blog or event.

Central Arkansas Legal Services

Arkansas Sentencing Commission Guidelines
This website includes information for expungement, felon voting rights, felon right to bear arms.

Civil Legal Aid
This website and the following addresses can assist you with non-criminal legal matters.

Main Offices

Center for Arkansas Legal Services (Main Office)
1300 W. 6th St., Little Rock, AR 72201
Phone Number: 1-501-376-3423
Toll Free: 1-800-9 LAW AID (1-800-952-9243)

Arkansas Secretary of State – Voter Information


Apply for your Social Security replacement card with the Social Security Administration.

Driver’s License Reinstatement: To get your Driver’s License you must have all fines and court fees paid. In some cases, you may be required to attend Substance Abuse Treatment and provide proof of completion (i.e. certificate). There is a $40.00 fee to renew an expired Driver’s License and a $10 fee to replace a lost drivers license. Questions about renewal, reinstatement, or replacement, as well as documents required, may be answered by Drivers Services.

State Issued ID: If you are not eligible for a driver’s license, you may get a state-issued ID as proof of identity for such things as employment or opening a bank account. You must provide two forms of identification (e.g., birth certificate, release documents from ADC or ACC, a valid U.S. Passport). A $10.00 fee is required to get a state-issued ID.

Get you Driver’s License or ID Card online: mydmv.arkansas.gov

To get a replacement birth certificate visit Vital Records. There is a $12.00 fee for a replacement birth certificate.


Child Support

NPOWR! – Non-Custodial Parent Outreach Work Referral Program- 90 day program designed to provide employment placement assistance


Arkansas Department of Human Services (DHS)

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – Food Stamps (SNAP)
Transitional Employment Assistance Program Financial Assistance (TEA)
Department of Human Services County Offices Listed by Location
ARKIDS First – Medical Coverage


Arkansas Department of Workforce Services

Arkansas Career Readiness Certificate (CRC): The CRC program is totally free to active jobseekers age 16 and older with a valid social security number. It is a portable credential recognized in all states and is signed by the Department of Workforce Services Director and the Governor. To earn a CRC jobseekers must successfully complete both ACT Career Ready 101 instruction and WorkKeys assessments in Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information and Locating Information.

Work Opportunity Tax Credit: Employers generally can earn a tax credit equal to 25% or 40% of a new employee’s first-year wages, up to the maximum for the target group to which the employee belongs.

  • For all target groups except the long-term TANF recipient, employers will earn 25%, if the employee works at least 120 hours, and 40%, if the employee works at least 400 hours.
  • For the long-term TANF target group, employers will earn 40%, if the employee works at least 400 hours in the first year, and 50%, if the employee works at least 400 hours in the second year.
  • Ex-Felon maximum credit for an employer is $2,400.
  • The maximum tax credit amounts depend on the wages paid to the new hire, the new employee’s target group and the number of hours worked during the first year of employment

Federal Bonding Program: Follow this link for more information regarding the Federal Bonding Program in Arkansas and to find contact information for the current State Coordinator. The Federal Bonding program can assist with issuing bonds to employers for hiring individuals with criminal records.

ARJobLink: Online job board for open jobs in Arkansas. Managed by the Department of Workforce Services.

Writing a Resume: Improve your resume with an easy to follow outline.

Ready For Life: Providing every Arkansan with personalized career guidance to explore new career paths, gain new skills, access resources, and find jobs


Arkansas Department of Human Services: Arkansas has expanded the eligibility for Medicaid. Visit your local Department of Human Services Office for more information about applying for Medicaid benefits

Medicare Program: Follow this link for general information about the Medicare program in Arkansas and eligibility requirements.

Healthcare.gov: Follow this link to get started on signing up for health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace.

Arkansas Department of Health


AR Department of Human Services Hotline Numbers

Our House: Helps those with a criminal history overcome barriers to reentry and provides opportunities through education, employment training, financial empowerment, health and wellness education and reentry. For more information, visit ourhouseshelter.org.

Northwest Arkansas Coalition: A coalition of community service providers who help people returning to Washington, Benton, and Carroll counties in Arkansas.
For more information, Joe Bruton, Director jbruton@goodwillar.org

Saline County Freedom for Life Coalition: A coalition of community service providers who help people returning to Saline, Garland, and Hot Springs counties in Arkansas.
For more information, email: freedom4lifereentry@gmail.com.

Community Based Organizations (CBOs): If you are interested in starting a Community Based Organization in your area to assist people returning to the community please contact ACC at reentry@doc.arkansas.gov. For a copy of the CBO Handbook, please click here.

Goodwill Industries of Arkansas – Career Services

  • Job Placement
  • Interviewing Preparation
  • Resume Writing Assistance
  • Online Application Support
  • Computer Training
  • Career Counseling & Placement
  • Reentry Transitional Employment Second Chances
  • Beyond Jobs – Tools provided to help advance your career
  • Education & Training – Basic Skills Building
  • Enhance Your Employability
  • GED Preparation
  • Health Services
  • Computer Basics
  • Online Learning Resources
  • Workforce Alliance for Growth in the Economy (WAGE)
    • WAGE Classes Include:
    • GED Instruction
    • Keyboarding
    • Job Preparation
    • Basic Computer Literacy
  • WAGE Certification Include:
    • Clerical
    • Industrial
    • Employability
    • Career Readiness

Arkansas Food Pantries: A list of food pantries across the state that provide supplemental food assistance for eligible individuals.

Arkansas Food Banks: Supplemental food assistance for eligible individuals.


Arkansas Community Mental Health Centers Contact Information

Arkansas Treatment Centers : This link contains a full list of Community Mental Health Centers that can provide mental health and substance abuse treatment services. Please call the center first to ask about any required referrals.


National Substance Abuse Index

Arkansas NA Meetings

Arkansas AA Meetings

Office of Alcohol & Drug Abuse PreventionState Funded Treatment Programs


ACC Mentoring Program | Email

Volunteer Handbook

Volunteer Opportunities

Volunteer Application

Watch Reentry/Mentor Video


Arkansas Community Colleges

Arkansas Independent Colleges and Universities (AICU)

Shorter College

Arkansas Adult Learning Resource Center: Center Locations

Arkansas Baptist College: Phone: (501) 420-1233 or (501) 773-8746 | Email

ACE Arkansas Department of Career Education: WAGE
WAGE is a work readiness program designed to ensure that unemployed and underemployed Arkansans have the skills necessary to be successful in the workplace.

Arkansas Career Education Veterans Link


Application and Regulations:

For questions related to Transitional Housing Services please email reentry@arkansas.gov.

Transitional Housing Facilities

Transitional Housing Application

Transitional Housing Program Administrative Regulation

Transitional Housing RFQ Amendment

Transitional Housing Amendment Agreement

Transitional Housing Program Schedule

Post Incarceration Housing Programs, Requirements, and Licensure AD

Applications should be mailed to:
Transitional Housing Coordinator
1302 Pike Avenue Suite B
North Little Rock, AR 72114

Oxford Houses in Arkansas: Oxford Houses are a community-based approach to addiction treatment, which provides an independent, supportive, and sober living environment.

City of Faith Federal Halfway House in Arkansas: City of Faith houses Federal parolees and post-release supervision offenders for the Eastern District of Arkansas.

Apartments: Listings for apartments in Arkansas that rent to individuals with criminal histories.


Steps for Reentry Facility License:

  1. Review the Reentry Facility AD for information regarding the qualifications and expectations of reentry facility providers in Arkansas.
  2. Complete the Stage 1 License Application and submit to ACC according to the application instructions.
  3. Once you have received a license, providers can submit a response to the Reentry Facility RFQ, on the Office of State Procurement (OSP) website, to be placed on the Qualified Vendor list.
  4. After placement on the Qualified Vendors list by OSP, contact ACC to complete the Stage 2 License Application.
  5. Use the checklist to verify your facility is prepared for the Stage 2 inspections and documentation.

Please direct any questions to reentry@doc.arkansas.gov or call 501-683-5793.

Reentry Facility Program Schedule

Reentry Facility Inspection Check List

Reentry Facility Administrative Directive

Office of State Procurement

Reentry Facilities

Join Our Family

Interested in joining the Arkansas DOC family?

Check out our newly increased salaries!

Explore career opportunities and sign up for Career Alerts.