Welcome to the Division of Correction Volunteer Program. We are excited that you are exploring the volunteer opportunities offered at ADC. Our volunteers provide great services to our inmates.
By participating in the program, you are helping to successfully return individuals to the community.
Volunteer Mission Statement
“Improving lives with the help of the community, one incarcerated individual at a time.“
- Volunteer: A person who is 21 years of age or older who donates their time and services without compensation. Depending on the assignment, this position may or may not require security escort services while in the facility.
- Partnership Agencies: Representatives from an agency who provide services from their agency to incarcerated individuals.
- Intern: A student who is 18 years of age or older enrolled at an accredited university who needs college credits to complete their degree. Training must be supervised.
- Guest: A person who is 21 years of age or older who will visit the facility to provide a special service, such as guest speaker, and not to exceed six visits per year. Security escort will be required.
- Employee Volunteer: A DOC employee who donates their time and services at an outside agency and or event while not being compensated by DOC.
Call or email us if you have any questions, suggestions, issues, or stories to share.
To enable you to do this wonderful work for as long as possible, we hope to provide you with the best volunteer support services. The first steps are to provide you with the best training possible and give you tools you will need to collaborate successfully with the incarcerated individuals.
VOLUNTEER DEPARTMENT STAFF:
Program Eligibility Coordinator II
Phone: (870) 850-8596
Volunteer Services Coordinator
Phone: (870) 850-8593