FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 29, 2021
NORTH LITTLE ROCK – Three Division of Correction officers and two Division of Community Correction officers were honored today by the Arkansas Attorney General’s office for their outstanding public service to the State.
“I am so proud that these officers are being recognized for their loyalty, professionalism and commitment,” Arkansas Corrections Secretary Solomon Graves said. “These officers work every day to advance the Department’s commitment to public safety and our mission of being a resource for Arkansas families. We truly appreciate their hard work and dedication.”
2020 County Officer of the Year winners:
- Capt. Andre Harris, Northeast Arkansas Community Correction Center, Mississippi County Officer of the Year
- Sgt. Tamisha Ivory, Ouachita River Correctional Unit, Hot Spring County Officer of the Year
- Sgt. Kyle Moody, North Central Unit, Izard County Officer of the Year
- Capt. Lillie Phillips, Texarkana Regional Correctional Center, Miller County Officer of the Year
- Sgt. Stephanie Soimis, East Central Community Correction Center, Crittenden County Officer of the Year
Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge also paid a special tribute to Sgt. Travis C. Wallace, a 5-year veteran of the Division of Correction who was killed on Nov. 12, 2020, while on duty with the Helena-West Helena Police Department. Sgt. Wallace was a field sergeant at the East Arkansas Regional Unit.